Monday, July 13, 2009

Another Girl on The Way

We drove over the Alpine Pass on Sunday. It takes you from Provo Canyon, up past Sundance and Robert Redford's ranch, around Timpanogos, and down into American Fork Canyon. It is about 22 miles of narrow, twisting, mountain road. We only stopped once to take pictures, but it was still nice to go see some nature. For mid July, everything seemed really green and very lush.
When we got home, I noticed some orange Orchids (?) growing under a fence in our yard. There are a lot of things about Provo that people find to complain about, but I've always thought the weather here is great. Either I am just accustomed to really bad, windy, cold weather, or Provo is populated with a whole lot of whiny young people. Maybe a bit of both.

We canceled cable about a month ago. Without any interesting sporting events on, I have a hard time justifying $50 a month to watch Law and Order reruns. One thing we've tried to pass the time is watching media from our computer on our TV via my Xbox. It is a pretty slick trick. Using a free utility called TVersity, I can even watch YouTube and things on Hulu (think Colbert Report!) for free. Yesterday, we just watched all of our home videos. These two of Morgan made us laugh. In the first, our friend Eric was visiting. It reminded us of what a content, round, little baby Morgan was. And how befuddling our having a baby seemed to lots of the people around us.

The next one is Morgan singing with her doll. Kids are incredible. As we posted a long time ago, M learned could identify her letters awhile back. We were pretty happy with that, and let her use that trick to impress for a long time. Then we saw that our friends Taylor and Natalie have a three-year-old who reads Tolstoy! So, we decided it was time to learn letter sounds. M can't get enough of it! We go through a book and she points out the big (capital) and little (lower case) letter and then tells you its sounds. Then she says "Like apple!" (for "A"). Where that the end of the game, we would be satisfied. However, she then turns the tables on you and asks "Like?" and waits for you to say another "A" words. Followed by another "Like?" This goes on . . . forever.

As the title indicates, we are expecting another baby girl, due in November. It will be nice for Morgan to have a little sister to play with/torment. Although, Morgan will be almost 4 when Baby Girl 2 is born. Being just 2 or so years between Val and me and me and Trent, that seems like a big age difference. Alison is just a year behind Kacey and a year before Kinley! It isn't how we planned things, but that's life!

Everyone asks if I wanted a boy. Well, we've always planned on having more than two kids, but there was some speculation that were this one a boy we would consider being done. So I think Alison was more disappointed than me! It wasn't like when Aunt Morgan was born and Dale came to school to tell Trent and he spent the rest of the day crying about not having a little brother, that is for sure.

Lastly, our short list of names: Kacey, Kim, Val, Kinley, and Sadie ;)

6 comments:

Kinley said...

I am so proud to have made the short list of names, but for some reason, I think there was a little sarcasim in the list since you former dog also made the list! We are excited for another girl! I don't think it is too big of a gap, it will probably make things a little easier! My vote is Renesmee! HEE HEE.

Natalie said...

Wow Brad, that was a sweet family post you just wrote. I really felt like it showed your soft and sensitive side. ;-) I thought I remembered that Sadie was your dog's name...a very old dog when I knew her I think. I had a friend growing up with a dog named Sadie too. It is however becoming a popular baby name. I know two people who named a daughter Sadie Jane and one who named a girl Sadie June.

Cori said...

These are great pictures. Enjoy Utah while you can.

I'm thrilled about baby girl #2. I've already started buying more clothes for her.

PS--LOVED the old videos of Morgan. Cook up another one like her and you guys will be lucky ducks!

Kimberly said...

i like the picture of morgan by the flower . . . i want to paint it. So, maybe 10 years from now it will be finished - that would make a nice graduation gift?

BDawg said...

When you do paint it, take the peanut butter smudge off her chin. And push her glasses up.

Kimberly said...

ha ha. That is what I said to Aunt Morgan - "I would love to paint this . . . but I would paint her with a clean face . . . "