Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Who is Sarah?

Seriously, I've been trying to find out more about Sarah Palin and generally comming up short.  Other than being the hottest VP candidate ever (kind of like being the world's smallest giant), I've discerned that she was mayor, then governor, and a woman.  Something about a child with a disability and pregnant teenager.  She tells me she sold a plane on eBay and stopped a bridge to nowhere; Obama tells me both are lies.  The media doesn't really clear any of it up.

So where could I find a description of her successes? England, duh.

A bit on the positive side. . . but maybe there is a lot of positive things about her?  Let's also keep in mind that your usual Vice President's job is to water the White House plants. . . or less. Here is an excerpt for the reading-disinclined:

Far from being a reprise of Mr Smith Goes to Washington, Palin was a clear-eyed politician who, from the day she took office, knew exactly what she had to do and whose toes she would step on to do it.

The surprise is not that she has been in office for such a short time but that she has succeeded in each of her objectives. She has exposed corruption; given the state a bigger share in Alaska's energy wealth; and negotiated a deal involving big corporate players, the US and Canadian governments, Canadian provincial governments, and native tribes - the result of which was a £13 billion deal to launch the pipeline and increase the amount of domestic energy available to consumers. This deal makes the charge of having "no international experience" particularly absurd.

7 comments:

Cori said...

I miss Twilight ......

Kimberly said...

Jared went to Alaska . . .does he know anything about her? I like her hair-do. Colbert had this kid on his show that was taking credit for getting her into the VP spot form his blog about her? It made no sense to me. She has nice hair . . .

I'm bored. Anyone want to loan me a copy of Breaking Dawn?

BDawg said...

I think Ali has 3 copies of Breaking Dawn. But each one has a some special meaning, so I don't know if she lends them out.

Kimberly said...

Special meaning?
Interesting . . .

BDawg said...

I think each copy also has a name. . . like children.

Cori said...

I have to defend Ali here.

She most definitely does not have three copies of Breaking Dawn. Only the one.

She owns multiple copies of Twilight and New Moon and Eclipse .... of which I am all very jealous.

BDawg said...

What if Sarah Palin is a rabid Twilight Fan? Maybe between brokering pipelines through Canada and pushing out babies, she reads a lot of fruity-Sci-Fi-Fantasy?