Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Nanobots? Laser Beams?

Some new secret method for stealthly killing terrorist exists.

My curiosity meter is off the chart.  I'm REALLY hoping they developed some nanobot (tiny, tiny robots, sizes of micro-organisms) that can home in on a terrorist DNA and then disassemble his molecules, resulting in a pile of blue goo. 

Or, maybe, time travel! Like in Back to the Future. Their pictures start to fade and they know there time is up.

In other news, the nation cheered as the Gov't took control of the two largest home-mortgage entities in the world.  I've got a feeling that Russia cheered as the Bolsheviks took control of factories.  Early estimates of the per-citizen cost of the Gov't bail out are around $14,000.  Do I find it ironic that I chose to not buy a home 4 years ago because it was clear that a loan would have been risky and have been living in an apartment instead, but now have been "asked" to bail out all the people who decided to take the risk so that they can keep their homes (the very homes I declined to buy. . . )? Well, "ironic" isn't really the word I would use.  Heaven forbid these poor people would have to suffer the humiliation of selling their homes, facing foreclosure or (gasp) live in an apartment. I can only imagine their shame. . . 

4 comments:

Jeff and Rose said...

Good thing that we have a Republican for a president--heaven forbid, can you even imagine what big government could even look like if we tried to do something the Democratic way?? Oh, and I love the Socialist reference...damn you're good.
I still owe you a Demo plug...I swear as soon as I crank out this teacher newsletter I'm going to get to you. They take longer to write now that I have to meet the standards of No Child Left Behind in Big Government takeovers of education......xoxo:)

Kimberly said...

That's what you get for being accountable ...

Kimberly said...

and by the way, "politics is the DEVIL!"

BDawg said...

Indeed, there is one effort that Dems and Reps seem to have finally come together over: or inexorable march towards more socialist policies.

The next proposed take-over and bail-out is the three American automotive companies. I'm sure we will all cheer again and the stock market will rally if the Gov't actually does take over the means of production.