Monday, September 22, 2008

The Pansi-fication of America. . .

How close are we to becoming semi-socialist state? Close enough that your usual pinko-media are even starting to be concerned

But it's cool.  Personal property rights were over rated, anyway.  I'm sure that the Gov't will do a fine job managing the economy.  I mean, when they took over the mortgage industry by creating two quasi-government corporations (Fannie and Freddie), it really did a bang-up job at making sure we could all have a home.  And it has worked so well for other countries, and I think Gov't oversight lends itself well to a Democracy where your usual legislator has to be re-elected every few years.  Capitalism had a nice long run, any way. And other than creating the most wealthy, most powerful, most educated, most free, highest standard of living, least poor nation* in the history of the world, it really wasn't working out. Too much uncertainty, ya know? 

Pursuing happiness was exausting, too.  I look forward to just being given an appropriate amount of happiness, that sounds a lot easier. 

* No, I don't think the Netherlands were ever better off in any of these categories. And, besides, they are small enough in geography and population size and homogeneous enough in their populations that they should be compared to a single state, not the whole nation. I'm betting New Hampshire has always out performed Finland. . . 

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

maintaining an adequate level of contentment .... let's take the pursuit and happiness out of it all together. Too much pressure, if you ask me.

BDawg said...

I'll tell you, the pursuit of happiness is one of the greater detriments to my happiness. . . ironically.

But I'd take chasing a dream and failing over simple contentment.

Kimberly said...

I was being sarcastic . . . the chase is ALL the fun, and even failing can be quite an adventure! But being allowed to try, and fail, then try again - that IS happiness.
(don't you remember when I was learning to water-ski? or snowboard, for that matter?)

BDawg said...

If Failing Is Cool, Just Call me Miles Davies!