They were also giving out free cotton candy. I really thought that Morgan would just go to town on this but that was not the case. She wanted to carry the cotton candy around on the little paper stick and pat it down into weird shapes but she was absolutely not going to eat it. Her favorite part of the night was when we got her a corndog and a bag of free popcorn then sat by the band to eat. She was really getting into the band! While she was eating she would clap enthusiastically whenever a song ended and yell at me and Kristi if we didn't join in the applause. When she finished her food she would get up and dance and dance and dance and then clap like crazy! It was fun to just sit and watch her having such a good time.
It was Brad's turn to make the 256 mile trip this weekend and we were so happy to have him here for Father's Day. On Saturday we took Morgan to see "Horton Hears a Whoo", kind of a weird movie. Then we went to buy Brad's Father's Day present. We were looking for a pair of Nike+ shoes and went to SIX stores, none of which had what we wanted. We finally found a pair at Famous Footwear, but when we opened the only box of 9.5 shoes, there was only one shoe in it and the display shoe was not the same size. After a rather unpleasant customer service experience with the store manager, it was detirmined that someone had mistakenly been sold a pair of shoes with two different sizes. The highlight of the experience was after it was clear that they didn't have the size we needed the manager just turned around and started walking away so I said "Well, thanks anyway." and without turning around he said "I would just go ahead and sell them to you like this, but now this is a whole other problem that's going to take me an hour to solve." I was just like, "What?!?" Odd.
But I do want to say Happy Father's Day to Brad. He is a great dad and husband and both Morgan and I love him. Morgan calls him her "best friend!". It's cute. And Happy Father's Day to my dad and Brad's dad as well. We're very lucky to have great dad's that are so cool and so much fun to hang out with and that do so much for us. We all love you Grandpa and Pop!
2 comments:
What's wrong with popcorn and a corn dog for dinner? You've got your veggies and your "meat".
I'm glad you guys had a good time!
Sounds like fun. I love free kids stuff.
Post a Comment