Saturday, January 22, 2011

The Happy Plane

Brad had a pretty good birthday, I think. Whenever I ask him something that doesn't include the words "BYU" or "Jimmer" the response is usually a lot of grumbling accompanied by the heel of his palms pressed into his eyes. But we all had fun.

Rich and Buffy, Trent and Kylie and all of their kids joined us for Tortilla Soup and cake. I made way too much cake, but it looked cool so that's all that matters.


The Saturday before Brad's birthday we went to the Air Force Museum with Trent and Kylie. It was pretty cold so we only saw the things inside the hangers and missed all of the ginormous planes outside, but it was still pretty interesting. Morgan spent most of the time looking for "The Happy Plane". The Happy Plane is an actual jet that used to be mounted right next to the freeway exit by the entrance to the base, and is dubbed the happy plane due to the air intake at the front which looks like a smiley face.

They removed it to the museum recently and M has missed seeing it when we go to Trent and Kylie's house. I was getting a little worried that we wouldn't see it until the very end when we found it at the back of the hanger (it was either the actual Happy Plane or one that looked just like it so we were good.).
This may have been the highlight of the trip for M.
The rest of the museum wasn't very interactive.

In front of the Happy Plane.

2 comments:

Kinley said...

It looks like Big Blue Jet's brother, Big Grey Jet. I wonder why he didn't get to appear on Little Einsteins. Poor guy, it is truly a wonder he is happy.

Cori said...

Is that Hill? It's right by my grandma's house. I have such fond memories there.