When I found out that it was Free Day at the Museum of Natural History I knew we had to go. The museum is on U of U's campus, right next to the football stadium, and Saturday also happened to be a home game so I was a little concerned about parking. I stopped to ask some parking attendants right in front of the museum if there was somewhere close by to park. The kid looked at me, looked at the kids in the back of the car, then went ahead and opened the gate to let me park right by the museum. It was really nice of him and reminded me of a recent experience Cori and I had involving a casino parking garage, a car full of kids, a dead battery, and four very gentlemanly Australian guys.
Here M is feeding the dinosaur by the front door. You feed him pennies and he'll growl at you. It's funny, I'm pretty sure my parents have a picture of me with this same guy. He's been eating those pennies for YEARS.
In the giant dinosaur footprint.

M spent about half an hour dusting off and 'discovering' bones here. She also made a new friend who also wants to be a paleontologist. They decided to remember each other so they can work together one day.
With the museum's very own dinosaur. The dino comes out with one of the museum's paleontologists and puts on a show, it was really good. Vi wasn't so sure about the whole thing, especially when the dino walked over towards her, but M loved it.

The girl's with what M kept calling "Pop's Rock Collection". My dad studied geology at the U so M was sure that Pop had put these rocks here.
We spent a lot more time at the museum than I originally thought the girls would last and had a fantastic time. We will definitely be back soon.
4 comments:
I love that she wants to be a paleontologist.... thank you Dr. Scott. Dad is probably so proud. You should take her up to Montana where you can go and dig for the dinosaur bones out in the fields. I can't believe that Vi has so many teeth. Kate only has 10. Of course, my kids are rather slow with the whole teething process. They like to drag out the pain and misery. I appreciate that... a lot. Anyway, glad you ahd fun!
That's it exactly, Dr. Scott and the Dinosaur Train. Dr. Scott actually works at this museum which makes it even cooler.
Ha! I thought that Dr. Scott must be a real paleontologist because he lacked a certain, um, showbiz quality? But what he lacks in pizazz he more than makes up for with knowledge!
I'm soo happy we will have another scientist in the family--Morgan is my favorite paleontologist-in-training.
I didn't put those rocks there, but I did spend a lot of time looking at them.
Post a Comment