Sadly, it is time to remove the “Vegas Edition” title from our blog. I really can’t think of anyone who would read this that doesn’t already know, but we have left the desert and moved back to the mountains.
Long story short, Brad had been looking for another job in Vegas, got a call from a firm in SLC, two interviews later they made him an offer, and one week and a lot of I-don’t-know-do-we-really-want-to-do-this after that, Brad was packed and moving into Trent’s basement to start his new job.
We spent the next two months commuting back and forth with Brad in SLC and the girls and I still in Vegas as we finished up a couple of things there and looked for a place up here. It was A LOT of driving and Violet has just stopped crying every time I put her in her car seat, anticipating another eight hour drive.
We found a great house and moved in the last week of July, three days before Brad took the Utah Bar. Busy, busy week. And a HUGE thank you again to Trent and Kylie for all of their help.
Since then we’ve been settling in to our new life in our old stomping grounds.
Long story short, Brad had been looking for another job in Vegas, got a call from a firm in SLC, two interviews later they made him an offer, and one week and a lot of I-don’t-know-do-we-really-want-to-do-this after that, Brad was packed and moving into Trent’s basement to start his new job.
We spent the next two months commuting back and forth with Brad in SLC and the girls and I still in Vegas as we finished up a couple of things there and looked for a place up here. It was A LOT of driving and Violet has just stopped crying every time I put her in her car seat, anticipating another eight hour drive.
We found a great house and moved in the last week of July, three days before Brad took the Utah Bar. Busy, busy week. And a HUGE thank you again to Trent and Kylie for all of their help.
Since then we’ve been settling in to our new life in our old stomping grounds.
The Joys of Home Ownership
I had to include this because it's pretty cool. My brothers and their friends built this ski jump with rail in my parents backyard. My summers were never nearly this cool, my parents always made me get a job. Oh how times have changed. Just kidding, sort of, love you Andy!
1 comment:
Hey, Andy is the founder and CEO of Andy-is-your-neighbor-and-lawnmowing-genius, Inc. We just never had skis we were willing to trash. Or a huge hill in our backyard. Our extreme was jumping out of the apple tree onto the trampoline, or sleeping in haunted houses the same level as dead people. But whatever right?
I am glad that you have a lawn to mow. And that you are loving the new place. I like mountains... I think they are nice. There are lots of fun things to do in mountains... especially in the winter... we are watching Pierce Brosnin (sp?) ski on volkls down a mountain. I think you are lucky... I miss mountains... sign.
Post a Comment