Here is my review of our Tday festivities. As previously chronicled, Violet was recently born and Emma was staying with us to assist. It was marvelous having her to help Ali. It made me free to go to work, and it meant we ate home-made meals. Wonderful. Thanks again to Nana.
Sam, Andy and Rick showed up Wednesday night. After I took them on a (de)tour through the strip, we went to In-N-Out near our house. You have probably heard from a Californian, or a Utahn who wants to be a Californian, that In-N-Out is THE BEST hamburger joint IN THE WORLD! Well, if you think that, you will be sorely disappointed. But it is good. I found Rock Band 2 on sale Monday, with free overnight shipping, so we spent some of the evening jamming. I quickly learned that the hour or two of practice I put in on the drums before Sam and Andy showed up was not adequate. The pwned me. I figured that I would show them how to play Halo. They again pwned me. I blame my job. . .
Emma and Rick stayed at a local hotel and Sam and Andy stayed with us. Thursday morning, we went and picked up a pre-ordered Tday meal from Claim Jumper. It was about 75% complete, but required some prep at home. Speaking for myself, it was really, really good. And very plentiful! We only prepped about 1/2 the meal, and only ate maybe 75% of what we prepped. So Ali and I are set in the turkey-potatoes-gravy-pie department. We also bought a sweet-potato pie from another fine West Vegas establishment. Memphis Barbecue. If you haven't had it, sweet-potato pie is like pumpkin pie, but not so heavy and a little sweeter.
Sam, Andy and Rick showed up Wednesday night. After I took them on a (de)tour through the strip, we went to In-N-Out near our house. You have probably heard from a Californian, or a Utahn who wants to be a Californian, that In-N-Out is THE BEST hamburger joint IN THE WORLD! Well, if you think that, you will be sorely disappointed. But it is good. I found Rock Band 2 on sale Monday, with free overnight shipping, so we spent some of the evening jamming. I quickly learned that the hour or two of practice I put in on the drums before Sam and Andy showed up was not adequate. The pwned me. I figured that I would show them how to play Halo. They again pwned me. I blame my job. . .
Emma and Rick stayed at a local hotel and Sam and Andy stayed with us. Thursday morning, we went and picked up a pre-ordered Tday meal from Claim Jumper. It was about 75% complete, but required some prep at home. Speaking for myself, it was really, really good. And very plentiful! We only prepped about 1/2 the meal, and only ate maybe 75% of what we prepped. So Ali and I are set in the turkey-potatoes-gravy-pie department. We also bought a sweet-potato pie from another fine West Vegas establishment. Memphis Barbecue. If you haven't had it, sweet-potato pie is like pumpkin pie, but not so heavy and a little sweeter.
Friday morning we planned to go on a hike. It was a bit nippy, so we made sure to wear pants and socks. I had thought we might try a longer, more strenuous hike out toward the Red Rock area. We got out there and our good sense told us not to attempt the 5 hour hike with 2000 feet of gain, so we opted for a 2.2 mile jot to the "most geologically significant" area of Red Rock. Rick is a geologist, so it was quite like going on a field trip, or watching an episode of Bill Nye. Sam and Andy found some ledges and boulders and did some free-style climbing. Nobody was injured. Friday night our good sense failed us and we decided to head back to the strip to go to the Town Center mall. Generally, I won't go to the strip unless there is a good reason, as I just don't like the crowds. Somehow, it didn't occur to me that heading to the biggest shopping complex in Vegas on the night of Black Friday would involve large crowds. Traffic was horrible, but once we got there it was fine. Alison bought an ice-cream to deal with the whether, and Sam and Andy found a few great deals at the Oakley store. Rick bought Morgan a light-up, musical, butterfly. Once we spent enough money to consider it a success, we came home and ate pizza and watched BSU beat Nevada.
So, we had a great time. We want to have more great times, so come see us! I will take you to In-N-Out and take you to go ride Big Shot, it will be great. We'll even take you to Claim Jumper for dinner. BYU will likely play in the Vegas Bowl, so we could even work something out with that.
1 comment:
I loved In-N-Out when I was pregnant, but found it to be quite greasy (and even undercooked once!SOOOOGROSS)when we tried it later. I wonder if their production and quality standards have dropped in the past few years . . .
Post a Comment