She attends preschool with the 10 other three-year-old's in our ward at a woman's house. Her teacher has a degree in Elementary Education and has converted a room of her house into the school and it looks just like a kindergarten classroom. It's really cute and well organized. They are also going on their first field trip to a Fire Station next week, which I am also attending as chauffeur and chaperon. Brad thinks it's cute that I'm now doing 'Mommy' things. And maybe it is cheating a little, sending her to school right when I start staying home, but I think she really enjoys getting a little break for me and getting to play with kids her age a few times a week.
So yes, I am now a stay at home mom. The first two weeks have been ... interesting. The very first day I got up and started our old routine, I got Morgan breakfast, got ready, then got her ready, and when we were all done I stopped and realized that I had no where to be and nothing to do. It was an odd moment where I felt very lost. I literally stood there, purse on my shoulder and keys in hand, staring at Morgan and not sure exactly what to do.
I'm trying hard not to fall into a routine of sleeping in and getting lazy, so we still stick to the routine of getting up every morning and getting ready. The good news is that my house has never been cleaner and the laundry is always done and put away (well, minus the basket of mystery mis-matched socks I really need to take care of. That stupid basket almost didn't make the move with us. I don't know what it is, but that basket and I have personal issues now.). It takes me about an hour or two to get everything done, then I have to start worrying about coming up with things to do with Morgan so she doesn't just watch Scooby-Doo all day, even though she would be more than happy to do so. All-in-all, that stuff is easy and I really enjoy having a clean house so I sort of even like it. The bad news is that I just get BORED. I don't have any projects to work on or problems to solve, which is what I have been doing everyday for the past 6 years at work. There just really aren't any challenging things to think about, which results in some pretty good boredom after a couple of hours of animal puzzles and painting princess pictures. I love being with Morgan and seeing her have fun, but sometimes I just really crave a problem to solve or a big project to work on.
So I have started coming up with some things to do. My first big project is organizing all of our pictures which are saved in random files all over the computer, organizing them and putting together some digital scrapbooks online. Right now it's still in the category of 'busy-work' where I'm just finding and organizing the files, but it's been nice to have something to work on where I can see the progress and I'm excited to start the books. We'll see what I come up with once these are done.
And I do realize that my life is about to get all sorts of busy when baby #2 shows up in just about two months. Things are going really well with the pregnancy, I will be 31 weeks on Tuesday and here's hoping that I won't make it to 41 like I did with Morgan. My new doctor here is great and she just about fell over when I told her I went a week over with my first pregnancy that resulted in a 9 lb 6 oz baby. Her response was "Oh yes, we won't do that here." I'm hoping that the baby either decides to come a little early on her own, or that maybe they'll want to schedule me for the weekend before Thanksgiving because I'm sure she secretly doesn't want to be delivering a baby on the holiday either.
We have really liked Vegas so far. Everyone has been really nice and we've even started to make some friends. Speaking of which, I have to go and get Morgan ready because we have been invited to watch the BYU v FSU football game at some friends house, which starts in 20 minutes, and Brad does not want to be late. He hates to miss kick off.
6 comments:
I love Morgan! She is so cute! I'm glad she's enjoying school!
It sounds like things are going well! I can't believe you're already 30 weeks! It's gone by really fast for me. ;-) Miss you guys! Taylor has a call back coming up in Orange County, so maybe we'll live kind of close to you sometime.
I bet Brad wishes he'd missed the kickoff now...
Kick off was one of the highlights!
I'm amazed at all the negativity about the loss. I mean, you can't be positive about losing (especially by such a margin), but their average performance over 3 games is still pretty encouraging. The FSU game spiraled out of control fast. The Defense had no clue what to do, the Offense was more than capable until they turned it over. The result was BYU playing from waaaay behind and abandoning what could have been an impressive run game (Unga had like 10 carries for 97 yards).
Without a doubt, though, BYU was overrated at 7 and FSU was underrated at unranked.
Morgan is getting soooo big I can't believe it!
Aww - the joys and boredom of motherhood. I remember those feelings when I had one kid, now I love those quiet moments with nothing to do.
Post a Comment