Friday, May 29, 2009

How Was Your Memorial Day?

I'm late putting this up, but what else is new?

Our Memorial Day weekend was great. We went to Idaho and were busy the entire time. On Saturday, Pat rented a 21 foot tall waterslide and we spent the entire day playing on the slide with the ice cold water, and eating. Lots and lots of eating. Brad spent the morning with his dad and brothers golfing, and they all joined us for the afternoon. Of course we forgot our camera so I don't have many pictures, I stole all of these from everyone else.

Todd perfecting his handstand on the giant slide. There is a lot of video of the adults attempting "Extreme Sliding" but I don't have any. Check out the Madsen Family Blog for those!

Saturday night Brad and I drove to West Yellowstone with my family to see Kacey perform at the Mack's Inn Dinner Theatre. She was Cosette in "Less Miserables", a spoof of "Les Mis". It was fun, the food was good (although I almost died laughing when Kinley claimed to be a vegetarian, because the only meat she'll eat is on a hamburger, and the owner showed up with special dish of pasta just for her), but my favorite was the guy that played Madame Thénardier. Yes you read it correctly, a man plaed the role and he was AWESOME! Especially when he called Kacey's character the "Disaster of the House" and then ran and sat in my bro-in-law, Cory's, lap. Who knew a person could turn that red?


Oh! And who can forget when, during intermission, the two teenage girls sitting by my mom handed her a piece and paper and asked her to pass it to that cute boy at the end of the table and have him write his name and number on it. She laughed and replied "That's my son!" They turned even more red than Cory. At first we thought they meant Sam, then realized they were talking about Andy. Poor girls, then they had to sit next to us for the second half of the show. We gave all three of them grief. Andy just sat there, playing a game on his phone, trying really hard to ignore all of us. But that wasn't the only flirting going on that night! Each and every waitress came by to see if they could get Sam anything, then they all asked Kacey about her THREE hot brothers. They had been checking out Andy, Sam and BRAD all night! Brad and I weren't sitting by each other, he was by the boys, so they assumed he was one of Kacey's hot single brothers she's always talking about. They all thought Brad looked like Matt Damon. I have to say it is a little flattering when people are checking out your husband.

Sunday was another busy, busy day. Cori and Jeff were in town with Seth and he was being baptised at a branch of their Chicago church in Pocatello. So we got up and got ready to go, then Brad came downstairs and asked what he was supposed to wear. I thought he was joking but quickly realized that we had left his clothes in Provo. Dale was nice enough to let Brad raid his closet but it did set us back and we were now running late. We hurried and picked up my parents and were off. I was dieing the enitre way there because, as Godmother, I could NOT be late. I spent the entire drive saying "Cori's going to kill me. She is absolutely going to kill me." But luck was with us and we made it in time. The baptism went really well (aside from the part where the Reverend called me Jennifer and it was all Cori and I could do to keep from laughing out loud). Seth is a cutie and handled the entire service much better than M did.

Me, Seth and Cori after his baptism.

After we all got back to IF we went to Bonnie, Jeff's sisters house, for a little post-baptism BBQ. Good friends, good food, a trampoline, and a dog. M was in heaven! It always amazes me how when Cori and I get together, even when it's been almost a year since the last time, it's like we never miss a beat. It probably has something to do with our non-stop google chat everyday. But it was so fun to see her and Jeff and finally get to meet Seth, who is adorable and quite the little flirt! Cori is the coolest BFF ever and a great mom, and I am so happy that they asked me to be Seth's godmother and get to share in his life, and that they were able to come to Idaho and share his big day with all of us. And thank you to Bonnie, who is fabulous, for opening her home and letting us come hang out. And she reads my blog which makes her that much cooler in my eyes. :) You're awesome Bonnie!

In our infinite genius this is the ONLY picture we took of M and Seth together.

M documenting the occasion.

Look! Cori and Brad match!

Hanging Out

M actually took this picture - Not bad!

That evening was busy with birthday parties for Dale and Macie, and one for my dad. Lots of running around but it's fun to be with everyone for their birthday.

Sunday night Cori and I decided we wanted to hang out a little sans kids, so we decided to check out the new Red Robing that just opened in IF. Yep, it's just like all the other ones. We hung out and chatted over cheese sticks and apple crisp. Brad and Jeff keep asking what we talked about for two hours and the answer really is "Nothing Important". We talked about books, what everybody we know is up to, moving to Vegas, just stuff. We talk everyday so when we do get together it's not like we have a lot to 'catch up' on. But it was just a lot of fun to hang out.

Monday morning Brad got up early for some more golf (he's really putting those new clubs to work). Some more hanging out, Kylie made an awesome baby blanket, then we took off for home. Of course as soon as we walk in the door M immediately yells "I want to go to Idaho!" Although I'm not sure she totally understand what going to Idaho is because she asks to go even when we're there and when we try to explain she responds with "This is NOT Idaho!" But whatever. She's also been asking to go to Las Vegas and Disneyland all the time as well, so maybe she just likes to travel as much as her mom. Good girl! :)

3 comments:

Cori said...

Ali,

You're the best BFF ever, the best godmother ever, and the bestest Ali of them all.

I'm SOO glad you were able to meet Seth and that we got to spend some time together. I have a sneaking feeling that our next scheme might not be so easy to pull off.

Back to gchat....

PS - We are total dummies for not attempting to get a decent picture of our children. Lame.

Kinley said...

So I didn't really claim to be a vegetarian, mom kinda claimed it for me and I went along with it! And the pasta was yummy, so I totally don't regret it!

The Stone Family said...

Looks like you've been up to tons of fun!!