
I think that most of our blog-readers probably already were aware that we were considering a job offer in Vegas. For anyone who didn't know, we were considering a job in Vegas, but are no longer. We already accepted it.
So, sometime in August of 2009, we will make the 5 hour car drive south to the hot, hot, mountain-deserts of Sin City. We hope you will all consider visiting us. I'm sure we will have some incentive package to lure you to the sands. Maybe we will pay for your golf passes (in December, if you wish), or a ride on the Stratosphere coasters, or take you to one of the four Brazilian Churrascorias. We will think of something to make it worth your time!
Not having ever lived in Hot Vegas, but knowing a good number of friends and family who have/do, we asked around a bit. Mostly, people describe it as a hot place with nice neighborhoods and tend to think of "Tourist Vegas" like someone in San Diego would think of Disney Land. It's there, it is a big part of the economy, but it is also pretty ignorable if you don't happen to work there. I did get feedback from people who left because they didn't like it; it mostly came down to the heat. I guess we will find out!
My job will be in the Summerlin area, west of Las Vegas itself. Lots of people recomended Henderson (south of Vegas) to us, but it would be a pretty long commute. From what we gather, Summerlin is a nice place to live, as long as you can afford it. And - unless either of the two major candidates manages to 'save' the housing market (ugh) - it looks like we would be able to live there. Here's to a continuing "crisis!"
7 comments:
Congratulations! I can't wait for Taylor to have a job. Someday we'll probably come visit. Taylor has a brother who lives there as well.
Sounds like fun! Cute family pictures. Morgan looks so BIG!
How exciting! And you at least have a cousin out there you can go say hi to now and then -- and it's not terribly far from family. Like an 8 hour drive?
(word verification = weeran. Maybe it's a sign I need to go run today?)
Wow! Finally a productive member of society! My brother in Las Vegas seems to love the food, and once you move you'll have money to eat out a whole lot!
So what are going to be doing? Maybe Harry Reid could get you a side-job at the Gambling Commission on your way to political fame and fortune!
May the crisis never end!
Yeah! We can't wait to have you over for a mean game of Killer Bunnies! It's a crazy game I think you'll dig. Give us a call when you come to check out housing.
Congratulations Ali & Brad! That is awesome! I much prefer the hot weather to this cold weather! We loved Arizona, and I'm sure your temps will be very similar. The first summer is hard, but the second one is better. And Winter is the BEST! Last night was our first snow & I am ready to move back to AZ! Good luck with your move. Plus, if you watch the airlines, they have super cheap flights from Vegas to IF!
I was there as a kid so I don't remember much. I do remember Circus Circus...it was my favorite! My mom however complains about slot machines being in McDonalds and the grocery stores. As long as you don't let it get to you (like a kid wanting to see a motorcycle go in circles in a cage) then you will have a blast!!
Post a Comment