Thursday, September 4, 2008

Who needs real friends when you've got Facebook?

It is true, I signed up for Facebook. I was holding out, no real reason, just figured that the blog was enough. Then High School came calling. Next year is Brad's and my ten-year high school reunion - I know, we're old - shut up. Anyway, people starting tracking each other down and someone set up a Facebook group for our class so I gave in. At first I thought I had made a horrible mistake as the next day I had no less than 30 emails telling me every little thing that had happend in Facebook-Land during the last 12 hours. But I finally figured out how to turn that off and now it's not too bad.

I currently have 51 Facebook Friends and I am told that the exchange rate on Facebook friends to real friends is the same as Leprechauns to Unicorns so you do the math. Brad is up to something like 200 friends, although I have serious doubts as to whether or not he actually knows more than half of them. It is kind of fun to feel that I have some sort of connection to people I haven't heard from in years, but I'm really bad at actually using my page. So to all of my Facebook Friends - I'm not ignoring you, I'm just really, really bad at keeping up!

On another note, I have shin splints today and they suck.

No comments: