Sunday, June 1, 2008

Reclaiming the Blog a.k.a. The Coolest Post EVER!

I have been told that I need to reclaim the blog from Burger and anti-Edward posts. So here goes!

I have been wanting to put this post up for about two weeks now. However I had to wait until I found the camera cable to download the pictres.

On May 16 Kinley and I went to the Stephenie Meyer book signing at Thanksgiving Point. That's right. We met her and got a total of NINE lovely books signed (you're welcome Cori, Morgan, Shanese, and Kim). It was part of her book tour for the host so she mainly talked about that but she did talk a little about Twilight as well. No shocking revelations or anything, but all the same, it was really cool to hear her talk about her books.

Stephenie Meyer at the signing.
The event was ticketed, first-come first-seated so there were people who showed up at 6 a.m. and the doors didn't open until 5 p.m. But since we are super-cool we got to go in early at 4:30 p.m. and sit on the specially reserved fourth row. Yeah - we're awesome. :) It was then a long wait until 7 p.m. but it was so fun to hang out with all the other Stephenie-Meyer-Fan-Geeks, talking books and eating bad nachos from the concessions stand.

Then she came out, talked for about 15 minutes about the Twilight books, the movie, The Host, and writing. She answered pre-selected questions about The Host and some of her answers were pretty surprising. If you want to know I'll tell you but I don't want to spoil anything for anyone planning on reading the book. And then the signing began. I feel kind of bad for her, they said she would be signing for about 4 hours straight! There were 1,000 people there and everyone had at least two books, most people had more.

My book.

Me and Kinley waiting for our turn to meet Stephenie and get our NINE books signed!

Since we were on the fourth row we got up there fairly early. I wanted to say something all cool so she would like me and we could become best friends (Yes Cori - if Stephenie Meyer asked me to be her best friend, I would do it. But I would be doing it for you!) and she would like me read Breaking Dawn and Midnight Sun, but instead Kinley and I ended up talking to her about all of the pregnant girls and girls with babies there and how you never get enough sleep with kids. Not the most stimulating of conversations, but there you have it. I did however manage to leave somewhat of an impression as I was leaving by picking up my pile of newly signed books and then promptly dropping them all on the floor. Yeah - smooth.

So yes - I do realize that I am a total bookworm-geek but I was really excited and had a great time! How often do people get to meet their favorite author and one of their heros (and yes - she is one of my heros)? It was a lot of fun and I got to check another person off of my "People to Meet Before I Die" list. But that's a post for another time.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And here are some recent pictures of Morgan.

We were shopping the other day and I turned around and Morgan was sitting like this in her stroller. I thought it was hilarious.

Morgan in her awesome $4 dress (purchased on the aforementioned shopping trip) with Grandma Madsen's tulips.

And my handsome husband Brad. Isn't he hot? :) I still love him, even if he did declare "Team Jacob".

3 comments:

Cori said...

COOLEST.POST.EVER.

I am secure enough in our friendship that I know that if you became BFFs with Stephenie Meyer, you would still love me enough to pass along all the benefits (e.g., advanced copies of Breaking Dawn and Midnight Sun and access to the movie sets).

Thanks for my books! They are so awesome I can't stand it!

Taylor said...

This post is in regard to the Quiz to which you so kindly provided a link.

I am Elinor Dashwood. You are practical, circumspect, and discreet. Though you are tremendously sensible and allow your head to rule, you have a deep, emotional side that few people often see.

It totally pegged me! Good job, quizlet!

Cori said...

No surprise here - I'm also Elizabeth Bennet!

Those questions were hilarious!