Thursday, September 27, 2007

I'm Kinda Slow

So Cori tagged me on this like a month ago and I'm just now getting around to it, but nonetheless, here it is! Things I am grateful for that spell my middle name. Enjoy!

M – Marriage and Family
I love Brad! We are very lucky in that we met when we were 15 so we got to kind of grow up together. We have a long history that only gets more crazy, interesting, and entertaining everyday.

And, of course, we both love Morgan, the most perfect baby ever!

Also, I am grateful for both of our families who are such fabulous people and raised us to be fairly descent people with killer senses of humor.

A – Authors
I have a serious addiction to books. Those of you who have seen my ever-growing mini-library can back me up on this. So I will be eternally grateful to all of my favorite authors that have introduced me to all of my favorite imaginary friends!

Special thanks to some of the classics like Jane Austen (of course), the Bronte’s, Christina Rosetti, J.R.R. Tolkien, and Shakespeare; as well as some of the contemporaries like J.K. Rowling, John Grisham, Diane Sutterfield, and my most recent discovery Stephenie Meyers. There are many, many more but I really don’t have time to include them all and I really doubt anyone wants the whole list, except maybe Cori.

R – Running
So loosing baby weight is really hard! I’m glad that Brad kept encouraging/guilting me into running. I now love it! It’s my “Me Time”, and I can be pretty grumpy on days I don’t get to go. And obviously I’m grateful that it’s helped me dump all that extra weight!

I – iPod
Could not run without my iPod and my music (or audio books, depending on my mood). And, as many of you know, I am in love with my Nike + iPod addition. If you don’t have one – get one! They’re fabulous!

E – Exceptionally Cool Friends
I have the coolest friends EVER! And even though I don’t live near very many of you, you are all the best and I’m happy to claim you! I’m especially grateful for Cori, my bestest friend, and our creepily synced brains. Even though we live across the country and only see each other once or twice a year, it doesn’t faze us. We can pick up right where we left off every time and not miss a beat.

P.S. I'm also addicted to and grateful for Coke Zero, but I couldn't really make it fit in anywhere. But it definetly deserves acknowledgement!

2 comments:

Cori said...

I'm writing a book email to you and enjoying a Cherry Coke Zero in your honor as I type this.

We also need to talk about this Sutterfield author - I haven't heard of her...........off to Goodreads to check out your list.

Ali said...

HA! I was just at Goodreads! She wrote "The Thirteenth Tale" that I just stumbled upon one day. It was good, very "Jane Eyre" gothic-mystery style.