Friday, March 11, 2011

Recent Doings

We recently visited Discovery Gateway, SLC's children's museum, with some friends and despite the insane crowds everyone had a pretty nice time.

This is Vi's new thing. As soon as she sees a camera she makes this face.
Vi showing off her "Cheese" smile
The place really was insanely busy. The main explore and play area is downstairs, so we found a little more peace and fun activities upstairs in the, I guess, older kids area. Morgan and her friend spent a lot of time at the illustration station, creating and coloring cartoons about dinosaurs.

Vi spent about half an hour playing with this doll, feeding her, packing her around, and then finally putting her to bed. It's fun watching her start to play and interact more with her toys and other kids. Morgan is really enjoying this new play-streak of Vi's as well.

Our last stop was to the TV station exhibit. My friend about died laughing when Morgan climbed into the anchor chair, looked directly into the camera and, in her best reporter voice, said:

"Breaking News. Last night everyone went to bed on time. But someone wasn't in bed."


The weather has really begun to warm up, we even played outside with some of Morgan's neighborhood friends for a few hours this afternoon. There were about 10 kids all running around, riding bikes and scooters, drawing with chalk, and just generally going nuts about finally being able to play outdoors. I'm sure there is still some winter in our future but it gives us something to look forward to.


2 comments:

Kinley said...

Morgan is awesome. I always wonder how her little brain works, she is so stinkin' smart. I love that someone wasn't in bed. Funny.

Kylie said...

I'm laughing out loud right now! Where does she come up with this stuff!