Thursday, December 30, 2010

Happy Christmas!

Our first Christmas in our new house. It was pretty awesome.

Rich and Buffy brought their boys over and spent Christmas Eve with us. Brad and I cooked a turkey for the first time ever, and it actually turned out really well. After dinner the kids all opened presents of new pajamas then played Kinect until it was time to go.

I had to take a picture of our first tree. This year we bought LED lights and when you turned them on the entire tree would glow blue and almost burn your retinas. We dubbed it the 'space tree'. The picture really doesn't do it justice.
The next morning caused a little confusion when Morgan ran to the tree only to discover that "Santa ate one of my cookies, and took a bite of another one, but he didn't leave me any presents. Maybe he forgot and has to come again tonight."

Luckily we found all of the gifts down by the fireplace. Opening everything took awhile because M had to open and play with each one before moving on to the next. She would also find presents for Dad, hand them to him, then stand and wait for him to open it.

Before the madness begins.

Vi loves her Pillow Pet.
You can't really tell by her face, but this picture has two of M's favorite presents in it. The unicorn Pillow Pet and the paint-with-water coloring boards.
And the ultimate gift - GoGo the Walking Dog. You attach a leash which acts as a remote and take the dog on 'walks'. This was the main thing M 'ordered' from Santa. The first thing she said when she came downstairs was, "Which box do you think GoGo is in?"

We spent the rest of the weekend with family in Idaho and had a very nice time. Thanks to everyone for all of the gifts and food! We're looking forward to eating rice and waffles and hitting Targhee this season.

This has been one busy, crazy, insane year full of surprising twists that totally sideswiped us and left us in a completely different place than we ever thought we would be, but we wouldn't change a thing.

We're looking forward to 2011 and hope you all had a very Happy Christmas and wish you the best in the New Year.

3 comments:

Cori said...

Did I spy the new stockings? You made those? Brava, Al. I would pay good money for something that looked like that!

Valerie said...

What is it with pillow pets? I think they ran an excellent advertising campaign, because every kid I know wanted one...and they really are quite lame, right?
It looks like you had a great time. We loved chatting with Morgan :)

Ali said...

Yes, I finished M and Vi's stockings and have Brad's and mine half done so I guess next year they'll all match.

Val, I know, right? Every kid wanted one and it had to be the specific one they wanted. Weird. Oh well. I love the chat on Kinect, I can already tell it's going to result in some good stories.