Saturday, September 18, 2010

Three Buckets of Paint and a Letter

First - Brad passed the Utah Bar! Love having that out of the way. The letter came today while Brad was golfing. I called and asked if I could open it. He said no. I said, Seriously? You don't want to know? Then he probably figured I would just open it anyway and said okay.

Congratulations and Yay Brad! We are so proud of him.

In other news, my mom came down today and helped me finally paint something. We started with the girls' bathroom.
Before:
After:
Next we hit M's room. I have had so many people express shock that I would want to change this color. Yes, the blue is very nice and I do like it, but it is M's room and to her blue is a boy color. Also I want her to have a very girly, fun room that she loves.
So, Before:

And After:

You can see how cute it looks with her bedding and how much Diet Coke it took to get through this project. We were hoping to get Vi's room done as well but we ended up have to prime M's room and use two coats of paint. So Vi's room and the laundry room are next. Hopefully those updates will be coming soon.

7 comments:

Kimberly said...

that green is beautiful - I wonder if Vi's room will be . . . violet??

Valerie said...

Why did you have to prime? I always wonder when priming is necessary. It all looks rreally good!

Buffy said...

Yeah - good work!! So great to have your mom come down and help you. The colors look great.

Val - the guy in the paint store told me that on the darker/richer color you should prime with a stain blocking primer. The primer is used to seal the darker/richer color from leaking into the color you put on top. I don't know what qualifies as a darker/richer color though. You can get paint at Home Depot that has the paint and primer mixed.

Ali said...

When we put the purple directly on top of the blue it dried this weird gray color. Thus the primer.

Vi's room will require two coats of primer and paint for sure! The walls are army man green and we're painting it a really pale pink. The laundry room will be the same color as the bathroom because I have about 3/4 of that bucket left.

Cori said...

Hurray for Brad!

LOVE the paint colors...I cannot believe you got all that done in the day.

Kinley said...

Looks great! I am sure M loves having a purple princess room! I am sorry that I am too far away to help... kinda... good luck with the rest of it!

Jil said...

Congrats Brad! Congrats to Mom and Ali! Painting is always a feat, esp. with children around. We just finished redoing some flooring, but the pain of the experience is still too strong to talk about. I'll have to blog it later.