I was aware that Mormons (like me) believed that proxy-baptisms for the dead were an ancient Christian practice. I was not aware that non-Mormon scholars agreed that early Christians practiced baptisms for the deceased, and that the end of the practice was a matter of record.
Live and learn, I suppose.
3 comments:
Totally not related to the post, but let Ali know, I owe the Vampire weeeerdo fans an small apology . . . I guess the story is not so bad, if you're stuck in a hospital bed waiting for a newborn human to wake up and nurse . . . at least the books are really long and drawn out so you can have something to read for days and days . . .
This article reminds me of the South Park episode- "So who made it into Heaven?"- Satan-"Looks like the Mormons!" That is right!
Yeah, that was a funny moment and the author does a pretty good job of recreating it here.
Post a Comment