Continuing with my un-informed political topics. . .
Don't do it, Mitt! The McCain Train is a one-way ticket to loser-ville. And you aren't going to do anything to change its course. Lay low, stump for the party, get ready for a charge in 2012, but hitching to the McCain ticket will only tarnish you.
You might be one of the worlds greatest businessmen, but your not about to make McCain more credible on the economy or deliver any purple states. Sit this one out.
8 comments:
Brad I have nothing against you but I want Ali back on this blog!
She has been delinquent. I kind of feel like the guy they throw on stage after a peice of the set breaks. I'm tryin!
That's funny. After a slew of Mormon-vampire posts, I think the blog is now getting interesting.
I'm really with you on this one. McCain is an ancient ship about to get sunk and I don't want him taking Mitt down with him. Obama is a freakin' rock star. The press love the guy and it just makes McCain look that much older and more boring. I'd like to see McCain on the cover of Rolling Stone.
Mitt, should do it. Mitt's obviously playing to the party, otherwise why support McCain with whom he never got along at all. They weren't even civil. If he wants the party to really rally around him for the next election, he needs to show enough loyalty to go down (knowingly) with the ship. And he can always say he was motivated by a sense of patriotism (don't forget to wear a pin). We like patriotism, so it's a win-win!
And, if we're lucky, maybe it'll sink Mitt's political ship and we can get a decent candidate in 2012. On with the Revolution!
P.S. Wasn't poor Cindy McCain on the cover of Newsweek bad enough? It was scary. I felt bad for her.
I can't decide how I should support The Revolution. It is obvious that Ron Paul will never be president. It is almost as obvious that no true Libertarian will ever be president.
And if what I wanted to do was vote for a person who had exactly the perfect policy, regardless of the probabiliyt of them being elected, then I would always write myself in for President!
You see my angle? Maybe I should reward whichever viable candidate is more correct and hope it shifts thier policies more toward my liking.
Umm...I'm not sure if that's quite how revolutions work...
Sounds like you've eliminated the best way of supporting the revolution (i.e. voting) already. Let's see you could get a bumper sticker... "Don't blame me, I considered voting for the Revolution." Maybe you could donate money? Spray-paint signs?
Paul would do a better job than I would. I like government loans for education and government funding for scientific research too much. I'll see if I can't manage "footsoldier" status.
Democrats have taught me that it is perfectly acceptable to vote for something and then explain that it is not your fault, or you were against it all along.
Heck, you can even be against something claiming it will be a disaster, then when it works piggy-back on its success and claim that being wrong only strenghten's your original position (the surge).
I feel better now that I know you have a plan.
Post a Comment