Friday, January 11, 2008

Oh Jane Austen - How We Love You

Ohhh - I am so excited!!!


Masterpiece Theatre has a new series titled "The Complete Jane Austen" which will air adaptations of all six of her novels, including the A&E "Pride and Prejudice". It starts this Sunday, Jan. 13, with "Persuasion". You can go to their website to watch a short preview and the schedule is here. It all looks so good! The series also includes a biography dramatizing Jane's loves called "Miss Austen Regrets". So check with your local PBS station to see what time they will be on (probably around 8pm).

Everyone - especially Cori - should watch all of it. It is going to be so good! And what better way to spend a Sunday evening than with Jane and all of our favorite friends?

3 comments:

Cori said...

You've got my back Ali! I keep remember this and then forget to program it to record. You better believe I will be watching all of them! The Emma version with Kate Beckinsale is so much better than the Hollywood one with Gwenyth Paltrow and I don't remeber if I have seen the A&E versions of the others ones. I listened to all the Jane Austin novels last summer and I am READY! So excited so excited so excited!

BDawg said...

"I'm Brad Madsen, and I do not endorse this post" - Posted By the Coalition To Retain Brad's Masculinity.

Natalie said...

Thanks for the reminder. Taylor (yes Brad, Taylor) posted this a few months ago when he first heard about it, but we'd forgotten since then. Is it 2008 already??

Taylor enjoys the Jane Austen movies as much as I do and is adamant that they are not chick flicks or girl movies :-).