Thursday, August 30, 2007

5 Years and 2L

Last Friday, Aug. 24, was our 5th wedding anniversary. It was a good day. Brad tried to send me flowers at work but they never showed up so he went back to the flower shop and demanded a refund, which they gave him along with a big bouquet of daisies anyway. So free flowers! Very cool.

Then Reed and Katie were very nice and came over to watch Morgan so we could go out to dinner. It was a weird feeling when we left, we were like "We can go anywhere we want and not have to worry about bringing a baby with us!" So we went to Tepanyaki, a Japanese Steakhouse we had never been to before. It's one of those places where the chef cooks your food in front of you while juggling the spatulas. Or as Michael Scott calls it, the "Japanese Hooters". It was really cool and really good! At the end the chef throws a shrimp to everyone at the table to catch in their mouth and I managed to completely embarrass myself by missing - twice. But overall lots of fun and THANK YOU Reed and Katie!

Last Monday Brad started year two of law school, he is now a 2L. We hear that the second and third years of law school are sooooo much easier than the first. We're hoping that's true. I would write more about this but I don't know what he's up to so I'll let him fill you all in.

So there's a quick of review of what we're up to. The first BYU football game is this Saturday so maybe we'll have some fun story from that.

Also, during the recent "Days of Trent", Trent and I were talking about the time we all went water skiing while Brad was on his mission and offered a piece of loaf to the lake in honor of him, which was immediately eaten by a seagull which Eric then swore to take revenge on. How's that going? :) So here is a picture of that day.

3 comments:

Cori said...

Wow, 5 years. We are starting to get old! Happy Anniversary late.

I like the wedding picture you posted. The colors are fantastic and huge props to Brad for ordering (or trying to order) the same flowers from your wedding for your anniversary. Very smooth!

BDawg said...

Alison gets extra points for quoting Micheal Scott and for using the word "hooters" without sounding creepy.

Cori said...

Ali - Tag. See our blog for details. I'll email you.